Buyer Strategies - How to Help Your Clients Succeed!
- Property Inspections: Helping buyers understand inspections and helping them learn what to expect is a critical part of buyer representation. This process helps you help your buyers.
- Appraisal Waiver Addendum: If your client wants to offer a partial or full appraisal waiver, you will use this addendum. This addendum is somewhat confusing, so it's important to understand how each paragraph functions.
- Hydrostatic Tests & Castiron Sewer Lines: Any property built <1970 is highly likely to have cast iron sewer lines, which are very expensive to replace (and can almost never be repaired.)
Client Facing Assets
These are published on the buyer section of our website and are great to read and to send to your clients.
- What is an Escalation Clause? Read about escalation clauses and why we almost always recommend against using them.
- Contract Considerations When in Multiple Offers: When your clients are in a multiple offer situation, these are the terms that they should consider, and the impact to them of each term.
- Common Repairs Found During the Inspection (by Age): These are the significant repairs that you will find in inspection reports by the age of the home being inspected.
- Determining an Offer Price in a Boom Market: The Austin market is booming! How do we determine the price and terms we'll offer when it seems like we have to guess?
- Why is the Austin Market Booming? Are we in a bubble? We don't think so. Read about the cause of Austin's boom.
- Is Austin Real Estate Overpriced? Austin's home prices are rising dramatically. However, we're still priced very reasonable when compared to other similar markets.
- What Happens to Austin Real Estate in a Downturn? 2008-2012 was a deep and long recession caused by bad real estate lending. Looking back on the effects of that downturn helps us put this market into perspective.
- The Seasonality of the Austin Market: Austin's market is consistently very seasonal. Here are charts that show when more properties hit the market and when prices generally increase.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Common questions and answers for your buyer clients.
- The Mortgage Process: Explain to your clients how the mortgage process works.
- Contract to Close: This explains to your clients what happens from the time you go under contract until you close.
- The Buying Process: What happens from the time a buyer decides to purchase until after they close?
- Austin Real Estate & Recessions: How did Austin fare in past recessions? These numbers will surprise you (in a good way.)