Questions on how to get started? Email [email protected]
Listing Coordination ($350) helps you handle everything from the point you have signed a listing agreement until the property is listed on the MLS. This includes disclosure documents, marketing information, pictures, and showing instructions. The full list is incredibly detailed.
Our Listing Support and Contract to close Services have been fine-tuned over the past 10 years and 1000+ transactions. These services are designed to assist our agents with the many details involved in transactions so that they can focus on their client relationships, advice, and negotiations. These services are broken into Listing Coordination (pre-listing and while on the market), Contract to Close (after under contract), and Courier Services (IRL running errands.)
Courier Services ($73 - $84) are coordinated between the Listing Coordination team and Sign Otter. They handle the "In Real Life" tasks like running signs, lockboxes, and marketing materials and coordinating getting keys from your client.
Contract to Close ($100) are handled on the buyer or seller side (each with its own set of processes) and helps you make sure that all compliance documents are received, checks that outside parties are performing, and updates your client as important deadlines and milestones approach or are met.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is my responsibility and what is the Listing Support Team’s responsibility?At a high level, your responsibility is providing advice & managing the client’s expectations and relationship. This is your client that the team is assisting. If your client has factual questions like “What is an ECAD?” the support team will seamlessly assist. If your client has questions that require guidance like pricing, timing, or seller’s disclosure advice, we will notify you immediately so that you can step in. Likewise, if your client needs simple design/copy changes to our flyer templates, we will seamlessly assist. If your client requests design changes that our template can’t accommodate, or if it seems like your client is becoming dissatisfied with our process, we will notify you immediately so that you can step in.
IMPORTANT: When is the LC Team notified about your listing and when is it considered "received"?The LC Team is notified of your listing when you add it to the Important Information Form. The date you fill out the IIM is the date referenced for all "notice" policies below.
How much advance notice does the LC Team need in order to take a listing live?The listing coordination team needs at least 9 day notice (more is better) to implement all the services. A 1 1/2 week timeline is going to feel very tight for you and your client if there is property preparation involved so if you are anticipating a stager consultation you should aim for 3-4 weeks' notice. You as the agent are responsible for scheduling a stager and assisting your client with the suggested property prep. Make sure to budget the right amount of time for your client to get everything completed. Photos must be received by staff at least two full days ahead of the list date. If you want to take your listing live on Wednesday, we need pics by EOD Mon.
- What if I don't provide a 9 day notice or have photos 2 full days in advance?
- You can pay a $150 rush fee (always after split) to have all other services provided if the listing is not entered with a 9 days advance notice.
- You can pay a $150 rush fee (always after split) if photos are not received 2 full days in advance of the listing date and you still need LC to enter the listing into the MLS and provide any photo or MLS listing dependent services.
- You can pay a $150 rush fee (always after split) if you need the Single Property Website launched with less than 72 hours notice.
What is the best practice for entering listings and notifying LC?Get a listing agreement signed as soon as is reasonably possible and enter the listing into RealScale the same day. You might not know the price or the list date. If you have no idea as to the list date, just enter "TBD". The LC team knows what questions to ask in order to properly prioritize everything and plan. You will have some idea as to price, so just enter a placeholder and make a note to LC to enter "TBD" on any client-facing assets.
When do I pay for these services?Listing Coordination and CTC are paid for at closing on the Financials in RealScale. Courier Services through Sign Otter are billed at the time of service.
What if my listing doesn’t sell?You will not pay for Listing Coordination and CTC if your listing does not sell. You will still incur the fee for Courier Services through Sign Otter.
What happens if a property goes under contract and then that contract falls through?Roughly 10% of contracts fall through, and most do during the option period. This is why we wait to put an “Under Contract” rider on the sign until after the option period. If your contract falls through, we will “reset” the listing, take it live, and resume the listing process. There are no additional fees and you still pay when the property ultimately sells.
Will the courier service make extra trips to the property if I need them?Yes, Sign Otter will make additional trips if needed. However, there will be additional fees through Sign Otter. Please contact [email protected] to inquire about pricing for what you are needing.
- Company Lead listings are required to use Listing Coordination, Courier Services (Sign Otter), and Contract to Close services. This is in the interest of maintaining an efficient system. Courier services fees will be billed through Sign Otter at the time of service. Listing Coordination and CTC fees are paid “Before Split” meaning the company pays for an equal portion and the agent pays an equal portion.
- Agent Generated Listings are not required to use any services, but it is recommended. If using Listing Coordination, it is required to use Courier Services. CTC can be used on its own if desired. Courier Services fees will be billed directly through Sign Otter at the time of service. Listing Coordination and CTC fees are paid "After Split" due to our cap system.
- Listings must be input at least 9 days prior to taking the listing live in order for the LC Team to complete all pre-listing tasks. The LC Team must receive photos at least 2 full days prior to the listing date. If you want your listing live on Wed, we need pics no later than EOD on Monday.
- While not really a policy, I’d like to point out how beneficial the Listing Coordination & Contract to Close services are. These are systems that have been fine-tuned on 400+ transactions over the years (with hundreds of happy reviews as a result.) Many agents micromanage every detail of their listings, which is not to your or your clients’ benefit. Your time is best spent advising your clients, setting expectations, & assisting in negotiations. When you free yourself from these mundane details, this allows you to use your time to its highest & best use. By using our Listing Support Services, it forces you into a proven, successful system, and will help you build great habits and become a better listing agent.